MUNICH (AP) Bayern Munich’s former president Uli Hoeness has asked for early release from prison and could be a free man in March if his plea is accepted.
Hoeness has been serving a 42-month prison term for tax evasion since mid-2014. He was convicted in March 2014 of avoiding taxes on at least 28.5 million euros ($31 million).
His lawyer Michael Nesselhauf says Hoeness could walk free in March next year.
Hoeness has been spending his sentence outside the prison, working in Bayern’s youth department since the start of the year.
A former Germany and Bayern star, Hoeness was a longtime club general manager and president before stepping down during the tax evasion affair.
- Ex-Raiders CB Sean Smith gets early prison release, immediately announces he's going to the gym
- Bayern president Hoeness vows to defend Kovac 'until the end'
- Ex-President of U.S.A. Gymnastics Takes the Fifth on Nassar Questions
- Dortmund 3-2 Bayern: Der Klassiker delivers exciting comeback
- Khloe Kardashian's ex Lamar Odom follows in Kanye West's footsteps as he says he has been 'saved' after 2015 overdose: 'I had to show Jesus my appreciation for keeping me alive!'
- Ozil's agent brands Hoeness a 'disgrace' to Bayern and Germany for criticism
- Bayern chief Hoeness slams 'sick and stupid' Bellarabi
- Hoeness tells PSG to find new sporting director – Henrique isn't a great advert
- Uli Hoeness attacks Mesut Ozil and claims Germany will not miss him: 'He has been s--- for years'
- Uli Hoeness attacks Mesut Ozil claiming Germany will not miss him: 'He has been s--- for years'
- Uli Hoeness Slams PSG's Antero Henrique After Failed Jerome Boateng Transfer
- Bayern Munich Reportedly Drop Jerome Boateng Asking Price Amid PSG Rumours
- Years after ‘inconsistent’ verdict, Rae Carruth is about to be released from prison
- Exclusive: Ex-Panther Rae Carruth changes story about pregnant girlfriend’s murder, attorney says
- Ex-Pats DE who ripped the 'Patriots Way' reportedly had locker-room blow-up before release
- Can Bayern Munich succeed on three fronts in 2018-19?
- BREAKING NEWS: Bayern Munich confirm torn ACL for Tolisso
- Kovac defends Lewandowski after Bayern outburst
Bayern’s ex-president Hoeness asks for early prison release have 326 words, post on www.foxsports.com at November 3, 2015. This is cached page on Auto News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.