Ford is introducing the track-only Shelby GT350R-C set to take part in the remainder of the 2015 IMSA Continental Tire SportsCar Challenge.
Based on the road-going GT350R , the competition version acts as a spiritual successor of the Boss 302R and will be campaigned by Multimatic Motorsports. Aside from the obvious body changes and the stripped out interior cabin, the race-spec model has gained an overhauled suspension with updated spring rates and anti-roll bars, new bushings and cross-axis ball joints along with track-specific alignment settings and a lowered ride height.
The all-new Shelby GT350R-C carries over the naturally aspirated 5.2-liter flat-plane V8 engine from the road-legal GT350R, but details about its output are not available at this point. We remind you that in standard configuration it puts out 526 bhp (392 kW) and 429 lb-ft (580 Nm) of torque and has a 8,250 rpm redline, with 90% of the torque available in the 3,450 – 7,000 rpm range.
Gallery: Ford Shelby GT350R-C racecar unleashed
- 2021 Mustang Shelby GT500 Carbon Fiber Handling Package Is A $10K Option
- $20 bill with banana sticker expected to sell for upwards of $125G
- 54 best TV shows to watch on Netflix
- 54 of the best TV shows to watch on Netflix
- The 54 best TV shows to stream on Netflix
- 54 best TV shows to stream on Netflix
- 54 of the best TV shows to stream on Netflix
- The 55 best TV shows to watch on Netflix
- 55 best TV shows to watch on Netflix
Ford Shelby GT350R-C racecar unleashed have 245 words, post on www.motor1.com at June 24, 2015. This is cached page on Auto News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.