LONDON: Queen Elizabeth II met her new great-granddaughter for the first time on Tuesday (May 5), visiting the three-day-old and her parents Prince William and Kate at Kensington Palace.
Princess Charlotte Elizabeth Diana, who was born on Saturday, was named in tribute to the 89-year-old monarch as well as William’s mother Diana, who died in a car crash in 1997. The queen was “delighted” at the news of the birth, palace officials said at the time.
Despite their royal status, William, 32, and Kate, 33, were required to officially register the birth of their daughter like any other new parents in Britain. William signed the paperwork at the palace on Tuesday, listing as his occupation “Prince of the United Kingdom” and that of his wife as “Princess of the United Kingdom”.
The baby’s full title, Her Royal Highness Princess Charlotte Elizabeth Diana of Cambridge, comes from her parents, who are official known as the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge. Charlotte is the feminine form of the name of William’s father Prince Charles, the heir to the throne.
The little princess is fourth in line to the throne after her elder brother George, who will be two in July, her father and her grandfather Charles.
Charles and his wife Camilla visited the newborn on Sunday, as did Kate’s parents, Carole and Michael Middleton, and her younger sister Pippa Middleton.
- Why the new royal baby's surname is Mountbatten-Windsor
- Leona O'Neill: Lay off Meghan and the new royal baby
- How popular is new royal baby name Archie in Peterborough?
- Royal baby Archie: Prince George let the name slip months ago
- Why the secrecy around new royal baby? – Verity Lush
- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry announce name of royal baby
- First picture of Meghan and Harry's Royal Baby Sussex
- First pictures of Meghan and Harry's Royal Baby Sussex
- Sweet meaning behind royal baby name
- Radio host fired from BBC for 'racist' tweet about royal baby
- Danny Baker apologises for monkey picture in royal baby tweet
- People have noticed something about Royal Baby Archie's toes
- Police look into Danny Baker tweet about royal baby Archie
- Royal baby's name still a mystery
- Theme park celebrates birth of royal baby with FREE ENTRY offer
- Gulliver's World is selling £7 tickets to celebrate Royal baby
- Duke and Duchess of Sussex announce name of Royal Baby
- Kate Middleton's royal baby name blow
Queen meets new royal baby, 'UK prince' registers birth have 378 words, post on www.vir.com.vn at May 6, 2015. This is cached page on Auto News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.