AirAsia India Pvt Ltd (AAIPL), a joint venture of Tata Sons and Malaysian LCC AirA sia, which will operate domes tic flights to and from Delhi starting Thursday , is the first Indian LCC to fly within the country from T3. “Terminal 1D had no slots and faced bay –place where aircraft are par ked–constraints. LCCs oper ating from 1D are also trying to get more [slots],“ AAIPL CEO Mittu Chandilya, told TOI.
“With our lower fares, we will make it worth the while [to go to T3] for our flyers. I would not have preferred 1D with the kind of capacity [issues] they have. I don’t want my passen gers standing without a place to sit in a terminal,“ he said.
Asenior official of Delhi In ternational Airport Pvt Ltd (DIAL) said Terminal 1D stil has some capacity and “with ongoing modifications its ca pacity is being enhanced.“
LCCs, meanwhile, sought low er charges for the budget terminal. “There is a world of dif ference in the facilities offered at 1D and T3. If DIAL lowers the charges levied on airlines for using 1D, then the benefit of lower cost will be passed on to flyers in form of lower fares,“ said an LCC official.
- New budget airline Bonza eyes a hungry cut price domestic market with planned 2022 launch
- Saudi Arabia's New Budget Airline Raises Questions Over Riyadh's Commitment To Aviation Reform
- Monkey's day out! Mammal spotted at buffet table in IGI airport - Watch funny video
- Terminal 1 at IGI airport to open from November 1
- Passengers on This Budget Airline Will Soon Have to Ask to Go to the Bathroom — Here's Why
- American Airlines Partners With Another Budget Airline
- Maharashtra Bandh disrupts operations at Mumbai airport
- Saudi budget airline Flynas to begin operations next month
- Airline Jet2 issues warning to holidaymakers after scam websites go viral online
- IGI scare: van found with gunpowder,crackers
- Travel Confidently Again With These Tips And The World’s Best Airlines
- Ethiopia used its flagship commercial airline to transport weapons during war in Tigray
- Jet2 flights: Major airports issue urgent travel warning as Jet2 cancels flights
- Airlines split on implementing floor price
- Delhi airport set to resume flight operations at Terminal 1 from October 31
- Don't delay Hanoi airport reopening, experts advise
- Passengers At LaGuardia, Other Airports Around Country Miffed By Southwest Airlines Mass Flight Cancellations
- Bay Area airports feel impact of Southwest flight cancellations
New budget airlines to operate from Terminal 3 of IGI airport have 446 words, post on economictimes.indiatimes.com at May 21, 2015. This is cached page on Auto News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.