Significantly larger than the C4 Cactus, the Aircross concept is 4580mm long, 2100mm wide, 1800mm tall and rides on massive 22-inch alloy wheels. It adopts a bold yet quirky styling similar to the Cactus but on a larger scale as the model is almost as big as a Land Rover Discovery Sport or a Hyundai Santa Fe so a production version will be positioned above the Cactus.
Speaking of the Cactus, its airbumps have now evolved into “alloy bumps” produced from honeycomb aluminum castings which are surrounded by hard rubber, but it’s unlikely these will be carried over onto a potential production model. Citroën has also added “air signs” (chrome rear window surrounds) and “air curtains” (front intakes) which are not just for design as the French marque says these boost aerodynamics.
Wearing a red orange paint, the Aircross concept adopts a plug-in hybrid setup with a front-mounted 218 bhp & 203 lb-ft 1.6-liter gasoline engine working together with a rear-mounted 95 bhp & 148 lb-ft electric motor. It also boasts a lithium-ion battery pack granting an electric range of up to 31 miles (50 km) while a full recharge will take three and a half hours from a regular household socket.
With a combined output of 313 bhp, the vehicle needs 4.5 seconds to reach 62 mph (100 km/h) from a standstill and will return an impressive 166 mpg UK (138.2 mpg US or 1.7 liters / 100 km), with corresponding CO2 emissions of 39 g/km.
As far as the interior cabin is concerned, it’s dominated by dual 12-inch high definition screens, one of which is actually mobile. Interestingly, each seat has speakers and microphone “to encourage dialogue between passengers” while accessing the rear seats can be done after opening the rear-hinged doors.
There’s no word right now about a production version but Citroën says the Aircross concept illustrates the company’s “international ambitions.”
- The Citroen Aircross Is A SUV That Doesn't Want To Intimidate Anybody
- Did Citroen Steal Tires From Land Rover For This Concept?
- Jay Leno Clearly Needs Citroën's Retro Méhari Concept
- Stop Labeling Kids By Their 'Learning Style'
- The Citroen Divine DS Concept Is An Avant-Garde Chameleon
- The (Not Citroën) DS Divine Concept Is Like The World's Funkiest Golf
- It Took 800 Hours To Design This 400 HP Electric Concept Car's Interior Alone
- The Toyota FT-AC Concept Is The 'Tough Guy' Crossover Americans Would Totally Buy
- We've Still Never Seen A Truck Like The 1994 Ford Power Stroke Concept
- Gaudy Prints, Bold Power Suits and Actual Effort at
- The Mazda Vision Coupe Concept Is One Of The Best Sedan Designs We've Seen In A While
- Here Are The Most Captivating New Concept Cars
- Concept Cars Are Stupid And Useless
- The Plucky Little Toyota S-FR Concept Miata-Fighter Looks Amazing
- Harry Styles Defends His Base: 'Teenage Girl Fans—They Don't Lie'
- A Brief Celebration of Mariah Carey's Early Aughts Style During the
- Fans Want To Know The Origin Of This Out-Of-Place Concept Art [Update]
- Mazda Hazumi Sketch Reveals A Pretty Sleek 2015 Mazda2
Citroen Aircross concept revealed with bold styling have 518 words, post on www.motor1.com at April 8, 2015. This is cached page on Auto News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.