The Renault Clio is the best-seller in Portugal for the 2nd straight year.
* See the Top 40 All-brands and Top 260 All-models by clicking on the title *
New car sales in Portugal enjoy a second consecutive year of growth in 2014, up a reassuring 35% year-on-year to 142,826 registrations. Logically, 22 of the Top 30 brands register year-on-year gains superior to 20%, with the Top 20 all in progress. The Top 7 most popular marques are unchanged on 2013, still characterised by the exceptional strength of premium German brands, all delivering extremely dynamic growth. Renault is up 33%, followed by Volkswagen (+37%), Peugeot (+41%), BMW (+39% and #1 in January!), Mercedes (+45%), Opel (+23%) and Audi (+33%). Nissan gains 4 spots and 66% to #8, Seat gains 3 and 77% to #10, Dacia gains 6 and 91% to #14, while Kia (+51%), Mitsubishi (+57%), Mazda (+79%) and Lexus (+89%) also lodge stunning results.
The VW Golf outsold the Renault Clio 4 times this year.
The Renault Clio remains the most popular model in Portugal this year and for the 6th time ever after 1999, 2002, 2003, 2008 and 2013, evolving like the market at +32% to 7,702 sales and 5.4% share. It is followed this year by the VW Golf, up a majestic 81% year-on-year to 5,621 units, even topping the monthly charts for 4 consecutive months between August and November, becoming a real threat for the Clio in 2015. The Peugeot 208 (+20%), VW Polo (+14%) and Renault Mégane (+12%) all lose market share and drop one spot, whereas the Nissan Qashqai is boosted by its new generation to advance 55% to #6 and the Seat Ibiza is back inside the Top 10 thanks to sales up 52%.
The Peugeot 2008 broke into the monthly Top 10 in December
Like in 2013, BMW manages to place two models inside the annual Portuguese Top 10: the 1 Series is up 38% to #9 and the 3 Series up 20% to #10. Illustrating the renewed strength of new car sales in Portgual, only 3 nameplates in the Top 50 lose ground year-in-year: the Smart Fortwo (-19%), Nissan Juke (-3%) and Citroen C-Elysée (-31%), and there is a lot of movement outside the Top 10: the Renault Captur stops 19 units outside of it at #11 but peaked at #6 in June, the Peugeot 308 is up 118% to #13, the Seat Leon up 236% to #15, Citroen C3 up 99% to #19, Mercedes C-Class up 66% to #22 and the Peugeot 2008 up 129% to #23 but cracking the monthly Top 10 in December at #9.
BMW was the #1 brand in Portugal in January.
Notice also the Dacia Sandero up 55% to #29, the VW Up up 92% to #35, Nissan Note up 266% to #37, Dacia Logan up 522% to #40 and BMW 4 Series up 605% to #49. There are 4 all-new launches inside the 2014 Top 100, led by the Mercedes GLA at #55 ahead of the Citroen C4 Cactus at #57 (#25 in October), Peugeot 108 at #64 (#21 in November) and BMW 2 Series at #78.
Previous month: Portugal November 2014: VW Golf stuck in pole position
One year ago: Portugal Full Year 2013: Renault Clio #1 for the first time in 5 years
Two years ago: Portugal Full Year 2012: Renault Megane #1 in worst year since 1985
Full Year 2014 Top 40 All-brands and Top 260 All-models vs. Full 2013 figures below.
Full December 2014 Top 34 All-brands and Top 206 All-models below.
- Why You Should Consider Single Length Golf Clubs
- Playing Golf in Granada? This Granada Information Helps You Choose the Most Suitable Course For You
- Not a bear market, this is an interruption in bull market: Hiren Ved, Alchemy Capital
- Six Sigma For Network Marketing
- Why Portugal is This Year's Hottest Villa Rental Destination
- Why People Love Parque Da Floresta, Western Algarve, Portugal
- Treat Yourself to a Luxury Golf Holiday
- Why Golf Fitness?
- Find Perfect Weather and the Perfect Golf Property in Spain
- How to Get a GOLF Scholarship and PLAY in College - Part 7
- The Fun of Playing Golf and Tips on Buying Golf Equipment
- Market Umbrellas - Focus on Your Requirements
- Will You Benefit From Buying Graphite Golf Clubs?
- Street Legal Golf Carts
- Overcome the Yips - Putting Psychology With Golf Hypnosis and EFT
- What is Attraction Marketing and How Can it Revolutionise Your Business?
- Senior Golf - How to Stay Active and Enjoy Your Retirement
- Which Men's Golf Sweater is Right For Me?
Portugal Full Year 2014: Clio resists Golf in market up 35% have 636 words, post on bestsellingcarsblog.com at January 21, 2015. This is cached page on Auto News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.