The MY 2015 Ford Mustang is radical in many ways. Besides being technically the most advanced Mustang ever, both in terms of performance, features and efficiency, it is also the model that marks the iconic brand’s 50th anniversary.
Furthermore, this is the Mustang that was for the first time, simultaneously launched in several countries across the world, including the U.K and Australia, which are right-hand-drive markets.
Last, but not the least, Ford had said that the new Mustang would be first in its history to enter emerging markets.
Following up on that, earlier this month, Ford Motor Company Managing Director, Asia Pacific Emerging Markets, David Westerman said that the company would launch the Mustang in Sri Lanka next year.
“The Mustang is the perfect fit for Sri Lanka and we can’t wait to launch this iconic vehicle in this market,” Westerman said during the inauguration ceremony of its new 6,000 sq ft world-class showroom, sales and service facility at Denzil Kobbekaduwa Mawatha, Battaramulla, IBT reports.
While the RHD Mustang has not been unveiled yet, it is likely to take place soon enough, following which it will hit the street first in the U.K and Australia. It is hard not to believe that once the Mustang is launched in Sri Lanka, it is only a matter time before it makes its debut in India.
The new Ford Mustang comes with three engine options – the 2.3 litre 4-cyl EcoBoost, a 3.7 litre V6 and a 5.0 litre V8. The base 3.7-litre engine delivers 300 horsepower and 365 Nm of peak torque, while the 2.3-litre EcoBoost engine outputs 305 HP and 406 Nm. The top-end Mustang with the 5.0-litre engine generates 420 HP and 528 Nm.
- Sri Lanka launches China-led investment zone amid protests
- Deaths of 3 more Indians confirmed in Sri Lanka blasts; toll now stands at 8
- India Constructs New Buildings for Five Schools in Sri Lanka's Northern Province
- Ford EcoSport BS6 Models Launched Starting At Rs 8.04 Lakh
- Watch: Sri Lanka Teenager Bowls Yorkers Like Lasith Malinga, Video Goes Viral
- West Indies to tour Sri Lanka in February for three ODIs, two T20Is
- West Indies to tour Sri Lanka for three ODIs, two T20Is
- Blessed by Buddhist monks, Sri Lanka's new president prioritises security
- T20I: Virat Kohli Guides India To Sweep Series 9-0 Across Formats vs Sri Lanka
- Jack Leach, Moeen Ali Ensure England Whitewash Sri Lanka 3-0
- As Sri Lanka tightens norms on Madrasas, why it is time to take a look at the ones in India
- 3rd Test: Adil Rashid England's Hero As Sri Lanka Collapse On Day 2
- Under-19 World Cup 2020: India Begin Campaign Against Sri Lanka
- India, Sri Lanka seek closer military ties as China clout grows
- China stands by Sri Lanka: Wang Yi
- Lasith Malinga's IPL Season With Mumbai Indians Yorked by Sri Lanka Cricket
- Aaron Finch's brilliant knock sets Australia up for 87-run win over Sri Lanka
- Under-19 World Cup 2020: India Start Title Defence With 90-Run Win Over Sri Lanka
Ford Mustang Sri Lanka Launch In 2015 Confirmed; India To Follow? have 666 words, post on www.drivespark.com at June 18, 2014. This is cached page on Auto News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.