Volkswagen pulled the wraps off a high-performance concept model based on the current Golf hatchback. The Volkswagen Golf R 400 concept, unveiled at Beijing, packs a massive 2.0-liter turbocharged engine producing 400 horsepower and 450 Nm of torque.
Linked to a six-speed DSG gearbox, the 0-100 km/h sprint is possible in 3,9 seconds with a top speed of 280 km/h.
The total mass of 1,420 kg as well as the 4MOTION all-wheel drive system help to improve these figures. At the exterior, the German concept comes with revised bumpers, 19-inch alloy wheels with 235/35 R19 tires, carbon fiber splitters, flared wheel arches and a new exhaust.
Inside, Volkswagen offers Alcantara and carbon leather, Lemon Yellow stitching, a pair of shell seats, a restyled dashboard and also a tweaked steering wheel.
Sadly, VW showed no intentions to push this concept to production for now but you should never say never.
- This is Volkswagen’s €44bn electric car plan
- Two dead after Porsche and VW Golf collide near Newmarket
- Capistrano Volkswagen Offers Wide Variety Of Service Coupons
- That One Time: Golfed! A Climber Car's Short, Brutal, Traumatic Life
- New focus for golf tourism to boost New Zealand’s slice of lucrative market
- SPONSORED: Golf – Ireland’s fairway to heaven
- Cavana relaxed time at Farnham Estate Spa and Golf Resort
- Is This the World's Most Beautiful Golf Course?
- Vietnam Central coast golf courses win top awards
- Traffic presents problematic wrinkle for US Open golfers at Shinnecock