Volkswagen pulled the wraps off a high-performance concept model based on the current Golf hatchback. The Volkswagen Golf R 400 concept, unveiled at Beijing, packs a massive 2.0-liter turbocharged engine producing 400 horsepower and 450 Nm of torque.
Linked to a six-speed DSG gearbox, the 0-100 km/h sprint is possible in 3,9 seconds with a top speed of 280 km/h.
The total mass of 1,420 kg as well as the 4MOTION all-wheel drive system help to improve these figures. At the exterior, the German concept comes with revised bumpers, 19-inch alloy wheels with 235/35 R19 tires, carbon fiber splitters, flared wheel arches and a new exhaust.
Inside, Volkswagen offers Alcantara and carbon leather, Lemon Yellow stitching, a pair of shell seats, a restyled dashboard and also a tweaked steering wheel.
Sadly, VW showed no intentions to push this concept to production for now but you should never say never.
- Volkswagen I.D. Buggy Concept Shows Its Groovy Style In Geneva
- Are you owed $1,300? Volkswagen and Audi owners due to collect after settlement of class action lawsuits over diesel scandal
- VW Reviving The Classic Beach Buggy As An Electric Concept
- Recall revelation: Diesel-powered Volkswagen vehicles still emit four times the legal level of noxious gases AFTER being repaired
- Volkswagen is fined a record $125million in Australia as global diesel scandal unravels
- Frank Boucher Volkswagen of Racine Offers Special Pricing on Select New Volkswagen Models This December
- Volkswagen will deploy retrolicious autonomous vans during the 2022 World Cup
- Frank Boucher Volkswagen of Janesville Offers Special Pricing on Select Pre-Owned Vehicles This December
- Volkswagen hit with record $125 million penalty over ‘Dieselgate’ scandal
- VW I.D. Vizzion Concept Live From Geneva Motor Show