(VOVworld)- South Korea and China will conduct another round of talks on the Free Trade Agreement (FTA) next week.
The Korean Ministry of Trade, Industry and Energy said that the 9th round of FTA negotiations will take place January 6-10 in Shaanxi, China. The main topics of this round of talks are the free exchange of goods and the opening of services and market investment. At the previous talks in November, 2013, the first phase of the negotiation was concluded with agreement on the basic principles of the FTA, such as eliminating of import duties on 90% of the product in terms of quantity and 85% in terms of value. China is currently South Korea’s top trade partner. Since 1992, their trade volume has increased 50 fold, reaching nearly 256 billion USD in 2012.
- Kimchi wars: South Korea's new Chinese translation of dish reignites debate
- China Blinks on South Korea, Making Nice After a Year of Hostilities
- South Korea Elects Moon Jae-in, Who Backs Talks With North, as President
- Tokyo Olympics: Japan's South Korea, China tensions resurface as legacy of war haunts Games
- South Korea and China End Dispute Over Missile Defense System
- South Korea Offers North New Video-Conference System for Virtual Talks
- Tokyo Olympics unable to heal Japan-South Korea rift
- Biden wants North Korea meeting, South Korea says now's the time to work for it
- U.S., China see hope in new North, South Korea contact on war anniversary
- Tokyo 2020, South Korea fights to win first women's volleyball Olympic medal in 45 years
- Taekwondo: Heartache for South Korea as Olympics jinx follows Lee
- China clamps down on cram schools — but South Korea is a different story
- South Korea's Moon Jae-in hails prototype fighter jet as 'new era' of defence independence
- Coronavirus Spread by a Second Coming ‘Cult’ Has Put South Korea on ‘Maximum Alert’
- South Korea’s Answer to Amazon Debuts on Wall Street
- North and South Korea Reopen Communication Lines After a Tense 14 Months
- North Korea Fires More Ballistic Missiles Ahead of U.S.-South Korea Military Drill
- North and South Korea are talking again | Opinion
China, South Korea prepare for new round of FTA negotiations have 326 words, post on at January 3, 2014. This is cached page on Auto News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.