The Germans at Volkswagen presented the R version of the seventh-generation Golf at the 2013 Frankfurt Motor Show.
The new model comes with a series of cosmetic tweaks such as new front and rear bumperd, LED daytime running lights, side skirts, 18-inch alloy wheels and bi-xenon headlights.
Power is provided by a 2.0-liter turbocharged engine producing 300 horsepower and 380Nm of torque. Thanks to a six-speed manual transmission and the 4MOTION all-wheel drive system, the 0-100 km/h sprint is possible in 5,1 seconds. The optional six-speed DSG gearbox does the same job in just 4,9 seconds.
Inside, you will find a three-spoke sport steering wheel, cloth and Alcatara trim, sport seats, illuminated door sill plates and stainless steel pedals. Volkswagen also provides a retuned suspension which brings the model 20mm closer to the ground.
With pricing to start from €38,325, the new Golf R will go on sale in the coming months.
- Volkswagen presents a mobile electric vehicle charging station
- Volkswagen's core brand pulls out of Paris auto show
- Volkswagen denies allegations chairman knew early about emissions cheating: report
- Volkswagen CEO received memorandum about emissions cheating fallout: NDR
- Exclusive: SK Innovation in talks to set up EV battery JVs with Volkswagen, China partners
- Ford expands partnership talks with Volkswagen and Mahindra to cut costs
- Volkswagen’s imminent overhaul will strengthen company, new CEO says
- Volkswagen CEO to take responsibility for China business: source
- Volkswagen eyes big stake in China partner JAC, taps Goldman: sources
- German regional state to sue Volkswagen over diesel scandal