BMW 3 Series GT
* See the Top 32 All-brands ranking by clicking on the title! *
At just -4% year-on-year to 8,032 registrations in April, Portuguese new car sales confirm they may finally have bottomed out, as the 2013 year-to-date remains in positive at +1% and 32,179 units. Is this finally the end of the tunnel for the car market in Portugal, after falling by 31% in 2011 and by a further 38% in 2012 to drop below 100,000 annual units for the first time since 1985? The next few months will tell us. Note that if Light Commercial Vehicles are added, the market is down 1% to 36,893 registrations year-to-date. In second place in 2012 and up to last month, Volkswagen reclaims the Portuguese brands ranking pole position both in April thanks to 813 sales and 10.1% and year-to-date at 3,226 units and 10%. Renault ranks #2 both times with 767 sales and 9.5% (-27%) and 3,207 and 10% (-6%).
Exceptional performance of BMW, managing to climb onto this month’s podium at 710 units and a huge 8.8% share, up 24% year-on-year, however most of is potentially fleet sales. BMW is up 21% year-to-date but still #4 like in 2012. Mercedes also shines: up 22% in April and 30% year-to-date to rank 5th each time. Notice also Nissan up 17%, Seat up 33%, Honda up 16%, Alfa Romeo up 64% and Dacia up 52%.
Previous post: Portugal March 2013: Renault Clio #1, Mercedes A-Class #9!
Previous month: Portugal March 2013: Renault and Volkswagen dominate
Full April 2013 Top 32 brands Ranking Table below.
- Sporting meltdown casts shadow over Portugal’s World Cup buildup
- Kourtney Kardashian gets 'western' as she enjoys a golden hour horseback ride with her kids, Penelope, 7, and Reign, 5, during quarantine vacation to Utah
- 2017 Maxxis Ultra4 Europe King of Portugal
- It's Not Just North West! How JoJo Siwa Became the Reigning Tween Queen
- On this day... May 28
- 'Dated to very old time': Comedy caption at Iraq’s museum of treasures reveals experts are still mystified by the objects looted during 2003 invasion
- Super Mario Goetze is Germany's World Cup Winner
- Queen Maxima of the Netherlands shares her mother’s recipe for her 'favourite' Argentine alfajores cookies to celebrate her 49th birthday
- Motorsport.com's Top 20 motorcycle racers of 2019, Part 1
- Lowes linked with Kawasaki switch for 2020
- The day Button won while standing still
- Daley Mathison killed in Isle of Man TT Superbike crash
- F1's most dominant drive of the last 25 years
- Dunlop confirmed for S100, misses Pikes Peak after rally injury
- Lauda's final stand: When Formula 1 last visited Zandvoort
- Monteiro says he lost focus in "very emotional" final laps
- Indian GP3 winner Arjun Maini signs deal with sports marketing firm Baseline Ventures
- When Mercedes "screwed up" Hamilton's race in Monaco
Portugal April 2013: Volkwagen reigns, BMW on podium have 425 words, post on bestsellingcarsblog.com at May 23, 2013. This is cached page on Auto News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.