Dodge has taken the wraps off the 2014 Durango.
Looking instantly recognizable, the facelifted model has a new front fascia with a revised grille and restyled headlights that can be equipped LED accents. There’s also a new rear bumper, “racetrack” taillights and restyled 18- to 20-inch aluminum wheels.
Bigger changes occur in the cabin as the model has been equipped with a new dashboard that houses a redesigned center stack with a 5- or 8.4-inch Uconnect infotainment system. The Durango also has a new center console with a rotary shifter and USB/AUX/SD card inputs. Other highlights include a new steering wheel, a digital instrument cluster and an optional Blu-ray entertainment system with two 9-inch displays.
Under the hood, two engines are available. The entry-level 3.6-liter V6 produces 290 bhp (216 kW) and 260 lb-ft (353 Nm) of torque, while 5.7-liter HEMI V8 develops 360 bhp (268 kW) and 390 lb-ft (528 Nm) of torque. While the engines carryover, they are connected to a new eight-speed automatic transmission which promises to improve fuel efficiency by as much as 9 percent on the 3.6-liter V6. The Durango also gains a new Eco Mode that “optimizes the transmission's shift schedule, as well as throttle sensitivity, and Fuel Saver Technology with cylinder deactivation in V-8 models, to maximize fuel economy.”
The 2014 Dodge Durango will go into production in the third quarter and pricing will be announced closer to launch.
Check out the press release for additional information
Gallery: 2014 Dodge Durango bows in New York
- U.S. Drops Plan for a 9/11 Trial in New York City
- Indictment of New York Officer Divides Chinese-Americans
- Chris Gibson, G.O.P. Congressman, Decides Not to Run for New York Governor in 2018
- City Hall and Uber Clash in Struggle Over New York Streets
- William Boyland Jr., Ex-New York Assemblyman, Gets 14-Year Sentence for Corruption
- Cuomo’s Team Surveys New York State Agencies for Opinions on Attorney General
- 2,000 Cameras Will Be Watching How You Drive in New York City
- ‘Welcome to the Mesh, Brother’: Guerrilla Wi-Fi Comes to New York
- New York State’s Medical Marijuana Rules Shaping Up as Unusually Restrictive
- Heavy Rains Pound New York City, Flooding Subway Stations and Roads
- If a Rainstorm Causes Flooding in New York, What Would a Hurricane Bring?
- After Rivals Pounce, Yang Explains His Family’s Escape From New York
- Candidates Clash Over Future of New York in First Mayoral Debate
- Why the New York Subway Has a Water Problem
- Who Will Succeed Mayor de Blasio? New York’s Future May Ride on the Answer
- Man Is Stabbed and Slashed Steps Away From a Synagogue in New York
- Why Virtual Weddings Are No Longer Legal in New York
- The New York Giants have finally released Josh Brown, who admitted to domestic abuse
2014 Dodge Durango bows in New York [video] have 455 words, post on www.motor1.com at March 28, 2013. This is cached page on Auto News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.