VietNamNet Bridge – China counts half of all the world’s large dams within its borders. During the last 10 years, Chinese companies have also successfully conquered the global market for hydropower projects. With the Kamchay Dam and five other projects under construction, Chinese companies are also the dominant player in Cambodia’s hydropower sector.
Many Chinese dam builders acquired their technology in the giant Three Gorges Project on the Yangtze River. Companies like the Kamchay Dam’s Sinohydro frequently refer to the Yangtze dam as proof of their technical excellence. Like many other foreign leaders, Prime Minister Hun Sen praised the project when he visited the dam site in 2004. In a surprise move, the Chinese government has now acknowledged that the Three Gorges Project has serious social, environmental and geological problems. What are the lessons from this experience?
- Chinese Steel in Giant Dam Project Questioned by Think Tank
- Public Relations for Dams
- China Races for Energy Security to Keep Pace with GDP Growth, Part One
- Beyond China's Coal Fields: Expanding Its Gas Resources
- Pollution in China
- Hire China to Build the Fence Between the US and Mexico
- Astoundingly Easy Money to be Made in China!
- Industrial Revolution to Hit China Sooner Than Expected
- Teaching English in China
- Importing From China - 5 Tips
- China's Economic Blackmail Is Working
- Tai Chi Lessons Online
- The Charisma Man Syndrome - Why Westerners are Treated Like Alpha Males in China
- Lessons for Life: Gratitude
- Basic Taoism Lesson One - What is the Tao, and What Does That Mean to Me? An Introduction to Taoism
- Great Wall Of China To Be Repaired With Lead-Tainted Toys
- Lessons in Freedom, Taiwan President Comes to San Francisco Part II
- The Greatest Lesson Is To Learn Faster Than Your Competitors
Lessons from China's dams have 275 words, post on at July 17, 2011. This is cached page on Auto News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.