Chef Ninh Cong Dan offers his secret recipe to prepare oven-baked lamb chops in an almond crust. The dish, which is easy to prepare, is served with roast zucchini and mint couscous.
Ingredients: serves 1
- 300g lamb rack (trimmed, fat removed)
- 200g ground almonds
- 100g bread crumbs
- 50g chopped mixed herbs
- 1 tsp minced garlic cloves
- 2 eggs
- 10ml olive oi
- salt and pepper
- 2 slices zucchini, cut lengthwise, 1cm thick
For mint couscous
- 150g couscous
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 150ml chicken stock
- 2tbsp chopped onion
- 1tsp chopped parsley
For shallot reduction
- 300ml demi-glace
- 100ml red wine
- 50g baby shallots
- Season the lamb rack with salt and pepper and pan-fry quickly in a hot pan. Set aside.
- Beat the egg and mix with breadcrumbs, ground almonds and chopped herbs and sprinkle with olive oil. Cover the lamb rack with the mixture and bake in an 180°C oven for about eight minutes.
- Mix the garlic in a little olive oil, brush garlic oil over zucchini pieces, and bake in the oven in five minutes.
- To make couscous, place couscous and stock in a bowl and set aside until the stock is absorbed. Heat the oil, saute the onion until brown, and put the couscous in and cook until soft.
- Combine the shallots and the red wine and reduce to half; add the demi-glace and reduce to half. Strain the sauce.
- Put the baked lamb in the center of the plate and blend roasted zucchini in a round shape, put cooked couscous in the middle, garnish with rosemary.
- Serve with red wine sauce.
You can sample the dish at Renaissance Riverside Hotel Saigon, 8-15 Ton Duc Thang Street, District 1, HCM City, Tel: (08) 38220033.
- How to make Olympian Natalie Coughlin’s homemade lumpia
- A vegan Super Bowl party menu with something for everybody
- A vegan Super Bowl party menu even a football fan can love
Oven Baked Lamb Chops in Almond Crust with Roasted Zucchini, Mint Couscous and Shallot Reduction have 306 words, post on at January 24, 2011. This is cached page on Auto News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.