NPD has released official sales figures for November and everyone but Sony has reason to celebrate. Video game sales were up 8 percent, reaching $2.99 billion. It was the best November on record, topping 2008 by about $30 million.Despite a number of analysts playing the prediction game a few days ago and forecasting Wii’s doom, the Nintendo had one of its best Novembers yet, selling 1.27 million consoles, up 0.8 percent from last year. It was, however, narrowly defeated by the Xbox 360. Microsoft’s console, pumped up from the success of Kinect, nabbed 1.37 million in sales, up a crazy 67 percent from last November. Beating all competitors, the Nintendo DS managed 1.5 million units, down from 1.7 million last year.The only sad panda in the room is Sony. Despite the debut of PlayStation Move, PS3 sales were down 25 percent from 2009. 530,000 units were sold during the month–less than half the sales of Nintendo or Microsoft. In September and October, the PS3 outsold Wii, which lost its monthly lead to the 360 in June.Here are the best selling games of November:Call of Duty: Black Ops (Activision Blizzard, Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, PC, DS) – 8,400,000Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood (Ubisoft, Xbox… Read full this story
- Best game console for 2020: PS4 vs. Xbox One vs. Switch
- Why You Shouldn’t Buy an All-Digital PS5 or Next-Gen Xbox
- How Microsoft Created A New Xbox Experience
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops Cold War Release Date Is November 13th
- Many new Xbox One features will require $60-a-year Live subscription
- Shops brace for record-breaking £2.5 BILLION Black Friday bonanza - with 11m bargain hunters expected to head online in search of the best deals
- Call Of Duty League Sets Viewership Records Ahead Of Championship Event
- When should we expect launch prices and dates for 2020’s new consoles?
- Just Dance 2021 Pre-Order Guide: Price, Next-Gen Upgrades, And More
- Just Dance 2021 Pre-Order Guide: Next-Gen Upgrades, Price, And More
Xbox outsells Wii in record November, but not by much have 302 words, post on www.digitaltrends.com at December 9, 2010. This is cached page on Auto Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.