East Lansing — Michigan State receivers B.J. Cunningham and Mark Dell have been sentenced to 18 months of probation and 150 hours of community service for their roles in a Nov. 22 campus fight.
The sentences Monday come after the players pleaded guilty in January to misdemeanor assault and battery. Both will be required to pay fines and meet other probation conditions.
James Newton, their attorney, says the players were sentenced under a provision for young offenders that will allow them to avoid a permanent criminal record if they fulfill probation conditions.
Eleven current or former Michigan State football players have pleaded guilty to charges stemming from a fight with members of a campus fraternity. The nine other players await sentencing.
Received 03/08/10 12:41 pm ET
- Privatisation of probation service has left public at greater risk – report
- Police: Teen Flown To Hospital After School Fight In Indiana County
- The coronavirus jab's most tantalising side effects? It may help fight cancer, chronic pain... and even Alzheimer's
- Doctors, nurses at Quang Ninh field hospital go all out in Covid-19 fight
- Stacey Abrams' Fair Fight Slams Georgia House for Passing 'Anti-Democratic' Voting Bill
- Little boy receives readers' help to fight against leukaemia
- White House says Joe Biden will NOT have the final say on whether Donald Trump can receive intelligence briefings after the president said he would ban his predecessor
- Ten Georgians Arrested For Drug Distribution Conspiracy And Dog Fighting Ring
- 4 arrested after Clarke Quay fight; police say claims of officers using excessive force are untrue
- Olli Jokinen vs. Sam Gagner: The latest unexpected NHL fight video
- China’s President hails ‘complete victory’ in poverty fight
- COVID-19: Nepal to begin inoculation drive for elderlies as it receives made-in-India vaccines
- Taco Stand Owners Fight Health Inspectors and Police in L.A. Brawl
- Following controversial remarks by Tanzania's president, WHO urges country to stick to science in fight against Covid-19
- Man, 19, is stabbed to death after fight in the street outside Parsons Green tube station
- China punishes regional airline for crew's mid-air fight
- Pilot, flight attendant from Chinese airline grounded after fight over toilet that ended in a broken arm and missing tooth
- Sir Patrick Stewart, 80, receives COVID-19 vaccine after FOUR-HOUR wait as star praises medics while encouraging others to 'lessen their load' by getting the jab
Two MSU receivers get probation for fight have 364 words, post on www.foxsports.com at March 8, 2010. This is cached page on Auto News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.