First Sony Pictures accidentally gave the game away, then Terminal Reality boss Mark Randel told us it was always meant to be that way, and now Atari has rubber stamped the deal confirming that Ghostbusters: The Videogame will be released in the US on June 16 and worldwide three days later.
“Ghostbusters: The Video Game is set to release across North America on 16 June 2009 followed by worldwide release on 19 June,” says the release which you can read in its entirety after the break.
“The game’s launch on 16 June 2009 coincides with Sony Pictures Home Entertainment’s worldwide debut of the original motion picture on Blu-ray Disc.”
By Mike Bowden
Atari confirms Ghostbusters video game launch
PRESS RELEASE: ATARI TO LAUNCH ‘GHOSTBUSTERSTM: THE VIDEO GAME’ ON 16 JUNE 2009 IN NORTH AMERICA AND 19 JUNE WORLDWIDE
-ALL NEW ADVENTURE INSPIRED BY BLOCKBUSTER GHOSTBUSTERS FILM FRANCHISE AND WRITTEN BY DAN AYKROYD AND HAROLD RAMIS SET TO HIT RETAILERS IN JUNE 2009-
-VIDEO GAME PART OF MAJOR 25TH ANNIVERSARY GHOSTBUSTERS CELEBRATION-
LYON, FRANCE – 9 January 2008 – Atari, one of the world’s most recognized video game publishers, announced today that the highly anticipated Ghostbusters: The Video Game is set to release across North America on 16 June 2009 followed by worldwide release on 19 June. Working closely with Sony Pictures Consumer Products and acclaimed development studios Terminal Reality and RedFly, Atari will bring this completely all-new chapter of the blockbuster Ghostbusters saga to advanced gaming platforms coinciding with the 25th anniversary celebration of the film’s original theatrical release. Ghostbusters: The Video Game, based on the smash hit motion picture franchise, is penned by original Ghostbusters writers and stars Harold Ramis and Dan Aykroyd and reunites many of the original cast members to recapture the unique blend of humour and fright that established Ghostbusters as a pop culture sensation. The game’s launch on 16 June 2009 coincides with Sony Pictures Home Entertainment’s worldwide debut of the original motion picture on Blu-ray Disc™.
In addition to Aykroyd and Ramis, original Ghostbusters Bill Murray, and Ernie Hudson lend their voices and in-game likenesses to the original story set two years after Ghostbusters II, with Manhattan once again overrun by ghosts and supernatural forces. The player joins up as a new recruit with the original team, testing a variety of unique equipment and gadgets, to track, wrangle and trap this wide range of awe-inspiring phantasms in an all new funny and frightening battle to save New York City from its latest paranormal plague.
Atari will release Ghostbusters: The Video Game for the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system, PlayStation®2 system, the Xbox 360® video Game and entertainment system from Microsoft, Games For Windows®, Wii™ and Nintendo DS™. The launch will also leverage Atari’s worldwide distribution network to maximize the presence of Ghostbusters: The Video Game around the globe as Sony marks the film’s upcoming 25th anniversary. For more information on Atari’s entire line up visit www.atari.com.
Ghostbusters and Ghostbusters II combined to gross over $500 million world-wide at the box office. The film spawned some of the most memorable comedic catch-phrases and scenes in motion picture history. To further celebrate the film’s 25th anniversary milestone this year, Sony Pictures Consumer Products has licensed the property for several new commemorative products including: toys, t-shirts, comic books, prop replicas, and a theme park attraction. In addition, the original Ghostbusters car (Ecto-1) has been fully restored with plans for special promotional appearances throughout the US and additional replicas touring across Europe. The Blu-ray Disc release of Ghostbusters will see unsurpassed picture and audio quality and advanced new bonus features including Slimer Mode, a picture-in-picture graphical viewing experience, a featurette on the refurbishing of Ecto-1, and more.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 9: Release Date, Price and New Features Expected
- Instagram is testing a new 'Save Draft' feature, no release date in sight
- ‘Super Troopers’ star confirms completion of sequel shenanigans; film awaits release date
- Bond 25 release date in doubt following Danny Boyle's exit
- New iPhone X Leak Reveals Preorder's Exciting Release Date
- Johnny Depp’s Notorious B.I.G Film Has Release Date Pulled
- Avista Corp. Reports Financial Results for Second Quarter and Year-To-Date 2018, and Confirms 2018 Earnings Guidance
- Gucci Mane released from federal prison four months early
- Western Forest Products Inc. Confirms Record Date of Third Quarter 2018 Dividend
- Here's our first look at Facebook's dating feature, now being tested by its employees (FB)
- DNA Dynamics, Inc. Welcomes Greg Trautman & Confirms Float Reduction Underway
- Lilis Energy Provides Second Quarter 2018 and Year-To-Date Operating Results
- Nicki Minaj Fuels Eminem Dating Rumors by Calling Him Her 'Husband'
- Mystery surrounds Johnny Depp’s new movie: Suddenly yanked from release next month
- Kanye West confirms he’s putting out an album with Drake — 'there's some exciting things coming up soon'
- Paul McCartney confirms he’s working on a new album with Adele producer
- FHLBank San Francisco Releases June 2018 Cost of Funds Index
- '9 to 5' sequel confirmed with original trio on board
Atari re-confirms Ghostbusters release dates have 803 words, post on www.vg247.com at January 11, 2009. This is cached page on Auto News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.