Chennai : BSA, a leading bicycle manufacturing company has forayed into the making of electric scooters with BSA Motors, a unit of Tube Investments of India (TII), part of the Rs 9,582 crore Murugappa Group, launching BSA eScooters in the city today.
Unveiling the five models of battery operated eScooters, BSA Motors also announced Actress Tamannah, the rising star in south Indian movies as the brand ambassador for BSA eScooters, to create strong linkage with the target audience in the age group between 14 to 30 years.
Mr M A Alagappan, Executive Chairman, Murugappa Group launched the new products told a press conference that the company proposed to sell 60,000 eScooters during 2009. The price ranged between Rs 29,000 to Rs 37,000.
The eScooters are manufactured at the BSA Motors new plant in Ambattur, with an investment of Rs 200 million for the first phase.
The Ambattur plant has an initial production capacity of 150 eScooters a day which can be ramped upto 300 units per day as and when required, he said.
The first batch of eScooters were rolled out today. The company, which has signed with 45 dealers, opened two dealership shops today and all the shops would be opened by the end of this year.
The five models of the BSA eScooters are, Smile-the most competitively priced e-Scooter in the country for the age group of 13 to 18 years. Diva, the first e-Scooter designed exclusively for girls in the age group of 16 to 20 years. Street Rider-unisex sportz model from teen to twenties.
These three models were operated with 250 W battery with top speed of 25 km and all the three models do not require license and registration, he said.
- 70 pc adults fully vaccinated: Mandaviya at stamp launch to mark 1 year of Covid vaccination drive
- Miss Fitness Vietnam 2022 launches
- Xiaomi 11T Pro Sale in India Confirmed via Amazon Ahead of January 19 Launch
- PM Modi To Visit Manipur, Tripura Tomorrow — To Launch Key Development Projects
- Mahindra Electric launches E3W Treo in Maharashtra
- Sugarcane Breeding Institute launches tribal empowerment project in Anamalai Tiger Reserve
- New political party to be launched on Jan 28, says ex-Warisan VP Peter Anthony
- Gap is launching NFT hoodie art that unlocks physical clothing
- Dancing On Ice's Connor Ball has 'support' of The Vamps as he launches new band
- iPhone at 15: Here's a Look at How Apple's First Phone Evolved Into a Beast
- From Eunice fields to Rouses shelves, Parish Rice’s high-protein, diabetic-friendly rice is booming
- This Clothing Company Has Close Ties To Xinjiang, Where Forced Labor Is Rampant
- What works (and doesn’t) in an NFT-backed newsletter
- Feds reportedly take down top ransomware hacker group REvil with a hack of their own
- What Is GeForce NOW, and Is It Worth It?
- Apple directed to allow dating apps to accept 3rd party payments, tech giant to appeal in higher court
- Want to share your WhatsApp Status updates on other apps? Here's how to do it
- Day 1 Of Precaution Doses: More Than 9 Lakh Shots Given. Here Is How It Panned Out Across India
BSA Launches eScooters have 617 words, post on www.drivespark.com at November 11, 2008. This is cached page on Auto News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.