We have noticed PC enclosures are being used more and more by large multi-national businesses, in the demand for improved production and reduced waste costs. Computer enclosures are manufactured from steel and epoxy powder coated to protect them in shop floor environments. This means that standard computers and printers can be used in areas we thought unsuitable previously, especially were water and industrial dust is present.
Major manufacturers such as Ford Motors, SCA, Pilkington Glass and the like are implementing data capture solutions on the shop floor, this means at any one time, management can see how productive a certain employee is and how much waste they create per shift. (Big brother watching us…) Therefore improving the company’s productivity and profit. Software such as ERP, CMS and SAP are the leaders in their field, giving total control of the business to the management
The benefits of using a standard computer and PC enclosures over an Industrial PC are: if an Industrial PC has a technical problem the user has to wait a number of days before an engineer can service the unit and they normally charge a high hourly rate. Using a standard PC and enclosure, if there is a technical issue, the user can quickly replace the computer with a unit from an office, minimizing the production downtime and with limited costs.
A cost comparison was carried out against Industrial PC’s and the standard computer and enclosure is the most cost effective way to collect shop floor data. Resulting in a saving of around 75% on an Industrial PC.
- Passion perfect at the PC Summit
- 300,000 sign petitions to scrap ‘sweet tax’
- Agri group hits govt plan to scrap rice import restrictions
- Trump tweets that he is scrapping his business councils after the massive exodus of executives
- WTO agrees to scrap farm export subsidies
- Lenovo new low temperature solder manufacturing process set to reduce carbon emissions by 35%
- Govt grants P500-M agri aid to ARMM, 3 Mindanao regions
- The best designed products of 2017
- IMF tells EU to be ‘realistic’ about aid for Greece
- Everyday Dr Mahathir Says
- Trumponomics 101: How a populist President might change the economy
- TRA predicts retail rebound
- Reviving nationalism: The only way for us to grow out of our Third-World status
- Royal Cargo, another Philippine pride
- Smart and green cities
- In the world’s biggest cocaine producer, cultivation reportedly surged again in 2016
- Jeremy Corbyn’s Labour conference speech in full
- Philips powers ‘Liter of Light’
PC Enclosures Aid Improved Productivity and Reduce Scrap have 396 words, post on ezinearticles.com at June 5, 2008. This is cached page on Auto News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.