As you look to establish an online presence, it is very important that you select the right web hosting company. Web hosting is the service that delivers your website to people when they type in http://www.yourname.com. There are thousands of these companies online today, and knowing the right questions will help you select the one that meets your needs. Here are some to get you started.
Is domain registration included, or do I have to pay extra?
Most of the best web hosts today offer free domain names (the .com) when their clients sign up for a long-term package. Registering your domain with the company you host with reduces headaches and hassle that can result from trying to import your domain to your hosting company. However, understand that this feature is often only available when you pre-pay for one year or more.
How many websites can I host with this hosting package?
Many internet marketers have a large number of websites. These websites can be informational sites, or websites used to target very small niches. Whatever the reason, having the ability to host extra domain names at no extra charge can save you from purchasing a brand new hosting package for each domain you register.
What is the percentage of guaranteed uptime?
When a web host experiences downtime, your websites are inaccessible and your company could lose money. Leading hosts will guarantee the amount of uptime – which should exceed 99.8% for the best companies.
What level of service does the company provide?
From uploading files to configuring systems, hosting a website can be a tricky business. You need a company that provides world-class support when you need it. Before signing up for a hosting package, make sure the company you’re considering provides support through multiple methods: email, phone, helpdesk, knowledgebase, and a customer forum. The best companies will offer 24-hour phone support in case of emergencies. When hundreds of thousands of dollars are on the line, you want to have this level of service.
Does the company offer a money-back guarantee?
Occasionally people run into web hosting companies that provide poor service or slow web servers. In order to prevent yourself from being locked into a year-long contract with a company that does not provide the level of service you need, make sure the web host you’re considering offers a 30-day money back guarantee. This is standard in the hosting industry, and nearly every reputable host offers it.
- Hostgator has rolled out its cheapest web hosting plans yet
- All Your Questions on Apple’s Move Away from Intel, Answered
- GitHub launches Package Registry to easily generate packages from your code
- Benidorm on steroids! Cornish locals say they are 'too scared' to go food shopping as visitors ignore social distancing and pour down narrow streets
- Live-stream shopping in China could be worth $170 billion this year. But it's a tough market to crack
- Turns Out Late Night Talk Show Hosts Are Just Like Us
- The butcher's shop that lasted 300 years (give or take)
- Broadcaster James Whale considered throwing a farewell party with friends and then taking his own life after he learned he had spine, brain and kidney cancer
- Katy Perry expertly dodged interview questions about potentially naming daughter Daisy... months before giving birth to first child with fiance Orlando Bloom
- BBC's new director-general Tim Davie 'will clamp down on presenters making money by hosting corporate events and rein in their use of social media' as part of plan to restore impartiality at corporation
- Randalls closure, COVID woes shutter fair trade shop in The Woodlands
- Royal Ascot considers axing Rule Britannia and Land of Hope And Glory from traditional singalong amid fears of a backlash over 'racism'
- India tour of Australia travel exemptions to be considered
- Democrats, GOP trade barbs over citizenship question on 2020 census
- Photo: Canadian Woman Attempts to Buy Chemical Weapons on Dark Web, Gets 6-Year US Prison Sentence
- 20 Questions With VMAs Host Keke Palmer: ‘It’s an Opportunity for Representation’
- NC Senate approves $1B federal virus relief package
- The savannah comes to Beijing as China hosts its new empire
5 Questions to Consider when Shopping for a Web Hosting Package have 670 words, post on ezinearticles.com at August 13, 2007. This is cached page on Auto News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.