Minus all meningitis thoughts. The flu symptons were strong. Headache, burning fever and sore throat. So what does any natural mother do when their offspring takes ill. They smother him or her with a lot of TLC and would walk to the ends of the earth just to take away the pain and suffering.
Is a mother’s love, medicine?
Despite all those motherly rituals mentioned above. There was no change in my nine year old son’s condition. Meningitis still so distant in my thoughts..The lucozade was poured out in pints to quench his thirst and a saturated flannel to change every minute to wipe his brow. I prayed more times to god than that of any pope for my son to pull out of this other world he had elapsed into.
A mother’s love is more of a cure than any cough medicines pills or tablets, so I thought..
Humming one of his favourite tunes as I held him up close in my arms rocking him back and too.
Not even his favourite videos could pull him out of this alien world that he now belonged to
Was a mother’s love? slowly killing her little boy.
Every mother’s worst nightmare was to befall me with the inevitable happening. Purple like bruises began to appear on his chest followed by the loss of his voice.
With trembling hands I struggled to dial 999. Please god if your up there hear my prayers, let my little boy reach 10..
When the doctor arrived he said he couldnt rule out meningitis. And so my little boy was rushed off in an ambulance at a speed that would have given Nigel Mansell a run for his money.
Thank god for flashing blue sirens.
In silence I prayed for god to give me back my son.
The curtain may well have been a brick wall that separated me and my little boy in the hospital. But he was in good hands I assured myself and that being the hands of god.
It seemed like a life time before that curtain came swishing back to have the doctor in his white coat appear before me.
I gave him lucozade I wiped his brow. I even put on his favourite videos and smothered him with all the love I could possibly give. Where did I go wrong doctor? You did nothing wrong was his reply.
Just to hear those words that there was no cause for alarm and that my little boy was going to pull through, gave me back all the strength that seemed to have drained from my body while waiting for the outcome of this nightmare.
Meningitis symptons had a strong presence the doctor said. It was a virus on the inside trying to break out.
Tears of happiness flowed like that of Niagra falls as I rushed to my little boys side.
Holding him tight kissing and cuddling him like any natural mother would do.
I had unfinished business to attend to and that was to thank the man himself up above for hearing my cry. Now to arrange a ten year olds birthday party.
The doctor approached me and asked if he could say something before I left.
Yes of course doctor?
A mother’s love is great medicine for comforting her children
but when it comes to curing them. please call a doctor.
- Two mothers were forced to identify bodies of their 18-year-old daughters within hours of dropping them off at Newcastle University after they died following 'drugs-fuelled halls parties'
- How opiates became the love of my life
- 'Can your nipples actually fall off?' New mother Meghan McCain shares her breastfeeding struggles in a VERY candid tweet - one week after giving birth to her daughter Liberty Sage
- Mother of Damarcus Thomas praises Ole Miss community for support
- Is It Safe To Get Together With Loved Ones This Thanksgiving? We Asked 7 Experts.
- Melania Trump claims she used ‘natural remedies’ to help recovery from ‘rollercoaster’ coronavirus symptoms
- Houston Astros' Carlos Correa offers support to family of six-year-old boy who died after being infected by a rare brain-eating amoeba as his mother reveals how she had to say goodbye to her first-born child
- Celebrity news LIVE: Stevie Lee dead, Diversity’s BGT dance has 10,000 complaints and Diana Rigg’s daughter pays tribute
- Kourtney Kardashian floods her Poosh site with stories on how to de-stress at home as the US frets over the election: 'Anxiety loves the unknown'
- I traveled across the country during the pandemic. UCSF experts weigh in on what I did right and wrong
- Tesco shopper is charged with criminal damage and breaching coronavirus regulations after tearing away plastic sheets covering 'non-essential' items in Welsh supermarkets
- VIETNAM NEWS OCTOBER 21
- The importance of being Indian in America
- Contest on national seas and islands launched for secondary students
- Stanford med student lost two jobs during the coronavirus pandemic. So she picked blueberries to make a living
- Keeping Up With The Kardashians: Kim Kardashian copes with Kanye West AND Khloe being sick with coronavirus as family self-records pandemic onset
- I was speechless when doctors told me I was having twins in each of my TWO WOMBS
- Parents' 'porch stories' are a reminder of what matters in today's crises
Is a Mother's Love, Medicine? have 868 words, post on ezinearticles.com at August 30, 2005. This is cached page on Auto News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.